Technology And Agricultural
- Poverty in developing countries can be reduced through proper agricultural technology. The assumption that agricultural technology automatically reduces poverty antipoverty impacts have often been developed mostly for their adopters and focused exclusively on them.
- Food and agricultural production sustainability demands an effective intervention both in financial and proper planning in the areas of technology transfer and capacity building,
The Greenhouse Advantage
- The obvious reason to grow greenhouse vegetables and flowers is to have crops at a time of year when they can’t be grown outdoors.
- Out–of–season tomatoes, capsicum, basil, and the other crops command high prices in the market. It is important to note.
- Season extension is just one of the advantages gained from greenhouse growing.
- Protected crops are less apt to be damaged by wind, rain so the percentage of marketable products is higher.
- Yield is higher as well if you can provide optimum growing conditions for each crop.
- And greenhouse crops may be protected from common field pests.
- The greenhouse produces 10 times more than the open field.
Benefits of Greenhouse
The greenhouse is very beneficial for the farmers especially those who prefer organic farming. Here are a few of the benefits of a poly house:
- Plants are grown under controlled temperature thus there are fewer chances of crop loss or damage.
- Less cropping period
- It also increases yield for about 5 to 10 times.
- A greenhouse gives the right environmental facilities to your plants in any season.
- There are fewer pests and insects in a Greenhouse.
- Good drainage and aeration.
- Crops throughout the year and will not have to wait for any particular season.
- The quality of produce is obviously higher in poly houses.
- The external climate will not have any impact on the growth of crops.
- Fertilizer application is easier and is controlled automatically with help.
Open Field Cultivation Green House Cultivation
The economy of Bangladesh is primarily dependent on agriculture. About a total of 84 % of the population live in rural areas and they are directly engaged in a wide range of agriculture activities. Agriculture contributes about 32 % of the country’s GDP. There are several business opportunities available in the agricultural industry and greenhouse farming one of them. Having begun 50 years ago in northern Europe, the greenhouse cropping system supplies fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers all year round throughout the world.
The food crops and cash crops are grown the world over are mostly grown in open fields, but there’s a tiny five percent that is grown under controlled and predictable conditions, precisely for the purpose of a harvest that can be more accurately estimated. And this is made possible through the use of greenhouse technology. In short, greenhouse technology is a technique of providing favorable environmental conditions to plants by growing them in a greenhouse. Greenhouse commercial farming is rapidly gaining entrance into our world today.
Greenhouse farming gives room for greater control over the growing environment of various crops. Some of the important factors which may be controlled include temperature levels of light and shade, irrigation, fertilizer application, and atmospheric humidity.
Once, the demand for foreign vegetables was only in elite hotels and restaurants. Now due to the diversified development of lifestyle and increase of buying capacity,
The demand For foreign vegetables, fruits, and flowers has also grown in families. In order to meet this demand, few farmers are cultivating foreign vegetables, fruits and flowers in the open field in the winter season. But the summer we totally depend on imports from other countries, if we cultivated crops in the greenhouse we will be able to get foreign vegetables all the year-long including the summer. Then we will not have to import these fruits or vegetables. Which will save a lot of money for ours.
Our Mission Statement
- Our Mission is to eventually diversify our services to include the processing of some of our products to create value addition.
- Also, we will be exporting our products to other countries, leading to full-blown commercial greenhouse farming.
- The most important thing to remember is that every customer must be satisfied with our services.
Our Vision Statement
- Rayyan Agro link, we have the vision of creating a well-respected brand that will be reckoned with both within Bangladesh and the world.
- This will be possible through the provision of unparalleled services to our clients and also the production of the best Vegetables through the adoption of the best farming technologies
- To continuously improvement of the product and services.
Long Term Objectives
- To expand business activities in other cities.
- To satisfy the customers who use our products and services every time.
- The main objective raiyan agrolink is to glorify the different occasions of our customers offering 5 to 20% discount
- To fresh and harmless vegetables, fruits and flowers provide our customers.
Our Business Structure/Management
Raiyan agro link is a family-owned and managed commercial greenhouse farm that is into the cultivation of vegetables and fruits. We will ensure that we hire people that are qualified, hardworking, creative, customer-centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stakeholders (the owners, workforce, and customers).
As a matter of fact,profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more as in view of the above, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following position;
Management Team Background:
The business will be formed as a proprietorship business. The entrepreneurs of the business are Razia Sultana, Nurul Islam, Nigar Sultana.
Our product and Services
- Raiyan agro link is an agro-allied company that will be involved in cultivating various crops via the greenhouse farming model for both the Bangladesh market and the global market. We are in business to produce both vegetable fruits and flowers in commercial quantities. We will also ensure that we operate standard food processing and packing plants a part of our complimentary business.
- There are the areas we will concentrate on in our greenhouse commercial farms. If I need arises we will definitely add more agriculture produce to our list;
- Cultivation of crops such; chilies, capsicum, lettuce, red salad, basil, cantaloupe, parsley, broccoli, strawberries, melons etc.
- We also are involved in cultivating flowers and agriculture-related transplant services.et al.
- Plants transplant services.
- Vegetable and fruit processing and packaging.
- Greenhouse construction, consultancy and advisory services.
Best Plants to Grow in a Greenhouse
While there are many types of plants we can grow in a greenhouse, we’ve compiled a list that experts deem the best.
The best herbs for greenhouse growing are the ones that tend to be too sensitive to be placed in a traditional outdoor, garden. Here are a few that are perfect for growing in the greenhouse.
A majority of vegetables thrive in the greenhouse. They also are great for turning a profit. Here are some of the most popular.
Like vegetables, fruits also thrive indoors in ideal temperatures. Here’s a
Frow gardens to bouquets flower are a popular retail item that helps boost our sales. A few we can start out with are
Industry Analysis/Competitive Analysis
- Greenhouse farming is completely new in Bangladesh. In Bangladesh, we cultivate crops in an open field. So there are not many competitors in this sector. There is a big market for European vegetable, fruit flowers in Bangladesh. But it is completely dependent on imports. That’s why the consumers have to pay more money for these products. By import European vegetables and fruit our money is going to the other country. That’s why we want to go to greenhouse farming. Because of produce crops at a low cost. So the consumers will be able to buy at a low rate.
- If we are conversant with rising technology and scientific development in the agriculture industry, you will quite agree that green commercial farming is at the front burner. Greenhouse commercial farming rapidly gaining gives room for greater control over the growing environment of various crops.
- Dependent upon the technicality and specification of a greenhouse design, some of the important factors which may be controlled include temperature, fertilizer application, and atmospheric humidity et al.
- Basically, Greenhouse is used to overcoming shortcomings in the growing qualities of a piece of land, such as a short growing season or poor light levels. In essence, they are designed to improve food production in marginal environments.
- All the vegetables, fruits and flowers produced are regularly supplied to different parts of the country. They have great demand in Chattogram,Cox’s bazar, Sylhet , and Khulna.
- Our target market is broad. This is so because vegetables and fruits are consumed by everyone.
- Because of this, our products are very essential for life.
- Our main target markets will include shopping mall, wet market and food processing industries
Sales and Marketing Plan
- Super shop like Shwapno, Agora, Meena Bazar.
- Industries work with vegetable processing
- Wholesalers like karwan bazar, Uttara.
- Wet market vegetable traders.
- Five-star hotels.
- Chinese Restaurant.
- Urban Consumers.
Our Target Market
- Naturally, the target market of those who are the end consumer of greenhouse commercial farm produce and also those who benefit from the business value chine of the agriculture industry is all encompassing; it is far- reaching. Every household consumes produce from aquaponics farms be it vegetables, and fruits et al. In essence a commercial greenhouse farm should be able to sell his or her farm produce either in raw form or processed form to other of the world.
Our plan is to work according to the 4P rule of business in the business field.
- Product :
- Product is anything that can be offered to a market to satisfy a need and want. The greenhouse produces safety and fresh vegetable, fruits, and flower demand of customers like broccoli, capsicum, Chinese cabbage, strawberry, lemon, jarbera, roses etc.
- Price is the amount of money that is charged for a product or service. We have charged a reasonable price for our customers, which is easily affordable for our customers.
- The place is very important for any business. Success business depends on a strong distribution channel. Our distribution channel is very strong. In some market’s distribution channel is complex because of existing
- We depend on promotion of our products by using different policies. We promote our products through advertising and personal selling.
Our Sources of Revenue
- Our sources of revenue will come primarily from our produced vegetable products.
- The sale of our agro products that include Capsicum, Cherry tomatoes, Red cabbage, Chinese cabbage, Bit root, Baby corn, Broccoli etc.
- Among several other products will form a part of our revenue source
- The marketing of agricultural commodities is invariably related to its production. Markets are very agricultural commodities that are generally under control which is very discouraging for the farmers. This is not at all favorable for boosting agricultural production. To develop an agricultural marketing system, following different pragmatic steps will be taken. In preparing the marketing program the following points will be taken into consideration.
- Greenhouse farming is our project. Besides, Table fruits, vegetables and flowers will be produced for the domestic and international markets. As far as services are concerned. We would provide necessary training to the farmers regarding the economic cultivation of greenhouse technology. Market and related information would be supplied to the farmer, trades and consumers through the strengthening of market information service.
- This is so because Greenhouse enables certain crops to be grown all through the year irrespective of the climatic conditions. Greenhouse are increasingly becoming an important factor in the food supply chain of high –latitude countries.
Sales And Marketing Strategy
In a view of that, we decided to set up a standard food processing plant to help us maximize profits. Our sales and marketing team will be recruited based on their vast experience in the commercial farm’s industry and they will be well equipped to meet their set targets and the overall business goal of Rayyan agro link greenhouse farms. Our goal is to grow Rayya agro link greenhouse farms to become one of the leading commercial greenhouse farms in Bangladesh which is why we have mapped out strategies that will help us take advantage of the available market and grow to become a major force to reckon with not only in Dhaka but also in other cities in Bangladesh.
Over and above, we have perfected our sale and marketing strategies first by networking with agriculture merchants and companies that rely on raw materials from the agriculture industry who are likely to become our customers in summary, Raiyan agro link greenhouse farms, will adopt the following strategies in marketing our commercial farm produce;
- Introduce our business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to stakeholders in the agriculture industry, companies that rely on the agriculture industry for their raw materials, hotels and restaurants and agriculture produce merchants et al.
- Advertise our business and agriculture products in agro-allied and food-related magazines, websites and Facebook pages.
- List our commercial greenhouse farms on yellow pages ads.
- Attend related agriculture and food expos, seminars, and business fairs et al.
- Leverage the internet to promote our business.
- Encourage the use of word of mouth marketing (referrals)
Price is the amount of money that is charged for a product or service. We have charged a reasonable price for our customer. Which is easily affordable for our customers. If you want to get the right pricing for your farms produce, then you should ensure that you choose the following position;
- Choose a good location.
- Choose a good breed/ seeds that will guarantee a bountiful harvest.
- Transporting the goods to the market and other logistics.
- Choose different types of packages.
- Our greenhouse vegetable, fruits, and flower will be sell through chain shops like shwapno, Agora, Meena Bazar, five-star hotels, Chinese restaurants, urban consumers, wholesalers like Kawran Bazar and out of Dhaka.
- Anyone from Bangladesh can get home delivery with a minimum charge by the quantity.
- We will take Debit, Credit, and MasterCard transactions. Customers get the total product category on our website with an image of each product ordered online also can order from Facebook fan page.
ASSUMPTIONS OF GREENHOUSE CAPSICUM (COLOUR/GREEN) CULTIVATION PROJECT REPORT
Greenhouse Construction Summary
|1||Greenhouse Size||30m x 100m Sq.mtr|
|2||Area of Greenhouse in Sq. Mtr.||3000 Sq.mtr|
|3||No. of Greenhouse Unit||01 (One) no’s|
|4||Cost of Greenhouse Construction||TAKA. 50,00,000/-|
|7||Total(ALL TAX INCLU.)||TAKA. 50,00,000 /-|
- Installation of micro-irrigation system.
- Signboard structure will be made Size 5 ft/4ft erected with angle 2”×2”; length -10ft.
- Type: vinyl board
- Contents for writing will be supplied by the beneficiary.
Main Features of our structure:
- Anchoring foundations.
- Multi-span structure with 8.0 mtr. x 4.0 mtr. Grid.
- Total galvanized and nut bolted structure.
- Natural ventilated structure with 10% top ventilation.
- 8 mm thick Pre-fabricated GI gutters in multiple of 4.0 mtr length.
- The aerodynamic shape along all periphery to withstand against heavy wind velocity.
- 4 mtr Gutter height from ground formation level.
- The structure can resist wind velocity up to 120 km/hr.
- Total Structure height will be
Scope of work:
- Supply of material and Construction of Greenhouse Work.
|Sr. No.||Pipe Description||Outer Dia. (mm)||Wall Thickness (mm)||Sr. No.||Pipe Description||Outer Dia. (mm)||Wall Thickness (mm)|
|1||Column – Big & Small||76||2||11||Curtain Runner||42||2|
|2||Foundation Stub||60||2||12||Knee Bracing & Small Inclined||33||2|
|3||Corridor – All side||60||2||13||Big inclined strut||33||2|
|4||Small Bottom Chord||60||2||14||Top chord runner in last bay||33||2|
|5||Big Bottom Chord||60||2||15||Cross Bracing||33||2|
|6||End Purlin||42||2||16||Curtain Pipe||27||2|
|7||First top purlin||42||2||17||Curtain Handle||27||2|
|8||Second top purlin||42||2||18||Flap Control||21||2|
|9||Horizontal member||42||2||19||Vent stay||21||2|
|10||Arc – All||42||2||20|
2) Clamps: 76 ID, 60 ID, 42 ID full / half-rounded clamps made from Galvanized iron strip, 2 mm thick are used to assemble the greenhouse structure.
3) Profiles: Aluminum profiles are used to fix polythene along with 2.3 mm thick zigzag spring insert.
4) Nuts & Bolts: M6, M8 & M10 nut-bolts are used in various length to assemble the structure.
5) Polyethylene: 200 microns, UV stabilized, Diffused Polyethylene giniger make import from Israel.
6) Shadenet: 50 % Green shade net at top manually operated
And 40 Mesh Insect net below side curtains at all sides.
7) Apron: UV stabilized, Diffused & Both side laminated, PIC PLAST make import from Israel. (1 mtr high )
8) Door: 1.5 mtr x 2 mtr FRP plain Door along with entry chamber.
9) Funnel: Gutter funnels will be provided to each gutter for rainwater collection. (Client has to supply required PVC pipes from funnel up to the ground)
|Sr No||Disription Of Product||Unit||Rate||Qty||Amount|
|A)||SYSTEM HEAD UNIT|
|1||2” SAND /HYDROCYCLONE FILTER 30M3 -2″(ISI)||Nos||17500.00||1||17500.00|
|2||2” SCREEN FILTER||Nos||6500.00||1||6500.00|
|3||¾ Ventury injector with assembly(ISI)||Nos||3500.00||1||3500.00|
|4||2” DISC FILTER||Nos||6100.00||1||6100.00|
|MONO BLOCK PUMP||NOS||15500||1||15500.00|
|B)||Network-PARAS PVC Pipes|
|5||PVC Pipe 63mm 4 kg/cm2(ISI)||Mtr||80.00||100||8000.00|
|6||PVC PIPE 50MM 4KG/CM2(ISI)||Mtr||75.00||60||4500.00|
|7||Drip Lateral 16mm CL2||Mtr||17.00||600||10200.00|
|9||Joinner 16mm,take off,gromet,end cup,JOINNER||Nos||4.50||200||900.00|
|10||Ball Valve 63mm||Nos||550.00||6||3300.00|
|11||63/50mm lbow,tee,flush valv,Fta||Nos||55.00||40||2200.00|
|12||16 MM COCK||Nos||9.00||100||900.00|
|13||4 WAYS FOGGER||NOS||165.00||110||18150.00|
|14||2” AIR VALV,NRV||NOS||650.00||2||1300.00|
|15||2” PRESSURE REALIFE VALV||NOS||3500.00||1||3500.00|
|D||FITTINGS & ACCSESORIES|
|SUB TOTAL (A + B + C + D)||143750.00|
|gst @ 12%(On Sub Total)||17250.00|
|Total Material Charges||161000.00|
|GRAND TOTAL (A+B+C+D+E+F+G+ H)||161000.00|
Require of raw materials for greenhouse
It will take about 2-3 months to get the greenhouse structure. Completed after that we can start cultivation our vegetables fruits and flower. Here we are adding the whole cost of cultivating capsicum. From a capsicum tree, we can get about 4-8 kg capsicum per year A capsicum plant yields about 6-8 months. In 3 Acar land, we can plant 60000 thousand capsicum plants. The annual yield from 3 Acar 240000kgs.
Production Capacity of 3 years
Fixed Invest Management Cost
|Greenhouse and land||50000|
Raw Materials Cost (Annually)
|Insecticides or Herbicides||120000|
Staff Salary Annual
|Details of Costs||Salary Taka|
|4 Person Day labor||499200|
|Details of Costs||Annually Costs|
|Raw Materials Costs||340000|
|Fixed Investment Management Cost||495000|
|Description||Current money||Suggested Money|
|Capsicum Plants (60000×7)||420000|
|Preparing Beds with fym||220000|
|Description||Current Money/Asset||Suggested Money|
|Total Investment (Current Money/Asset +Suggested Money) = 26358400|
The Annual yield from each plant is 46kg (average) Sale price of capsicum per kg 70-200 depends on the area of sale.
Total Capsicum yield in a year 240000kg
Total Sale Price of capsicum per kg (240000×70) = 16800000
Net Profit per year amount in taka
|Total Capsicum Sales Annually||(-)16800000|
|Research and development cost 10%||(-) 95584|
Analysis and Findings
Environmental Analysis (Pestel)
Several factories in the macro environment of a business are responsible for impacting business decisions made by the management of any organization.
The model consists of six different factors namely political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental and legal and seeks to analyze the business environment of an organization.
- Political Forces
- Economic Forces
- Social Forces
- Social Forces
- Technological Forces
- Environmental Forces
- Legal Forces
Opening a new company in a new industry has its limitations especially because of the political instability in the country. We also have some different problems to start our business. The major issue that might be a barrier to our company :
Political pressure for investing in a new industry.
- Price exploitation
- Waste management
- Working condition and treatment of work etc.
To solve this kind of problem we will take some step:
We will do an insurance policy for our industry and also our workers.
For transportation, we will use our personal van
To satisfy our workers we provide many different types of advantages. Like bonus treatment cost, vacation etc.
- The main strength of the project lies in the business experience, education and expertise of the key person of this project. The managing director brings about nearly 7 years of business experience in the agriculture sector. She supported by experienced people involved in this trade for a considerable period.
- The location of the project provides an advantage for maintaining a good network with the mainstream greenhouse business.
- Control on price in this sector is still in producer’s hand
- The management has a good track record in the poultry business and it is expected that with help of some experienced consultants, they can set up and run the project.
- We have some of the latest greenhouse farming machines, tools and equipment that will help us cultivate crops in commercial quantities with less stress.
- Aside from our relationship network and equipment, we can confidently boast that we have some the most experienced hand in the greenhouse commercial farming line of business.
- Our weakness could be that we are a new commercial greenhouse farm in Bangladesh. It might take some time for our organization to break into the market and gain acceptance especially from international markets in the already saturated and highly competitive commercial farming industry that is perhaps our major weakness. Another weakness is that we may not have the required cash to promote our business the way would want to.
- Just like any other business, one of the major threats that we are likely going to face is an economic downturn. It is a fact that an economic downturn affects purchasing/spending power.
- Another there that may likely confront us is the